If you are looking for French fries with a kick you came to the right place! I love eating spicy food and these chipotle french fries are just spicy enough that you will enjoy them and not feel like your mouth is on fire.
Cut some russet potatoes into long French fry pieces. Don’t cut them too thick or else they will take longer to cook. Soak all of the cut potatoes in a bowl filled with cold water for 1-2 hours so that the fries come out crispier when you bake them in the oven.
Drain and rinse potatoes to remove the excess starch. Pat dry and place into a dry bowl. Add the olive oil, no salt seasoning and chipotle powder and toss until all of the pieces are coated.
Place in the oven at 400°F and bake for 35 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through.
These fries are great to eat alongside a bean burger, a sandwich or alone as a snack. They are low in sodium, all natural and free from any chemical preservatives.
Chipotle Seasoned French Fries
Get the printable recipe here.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 russet potatoes
2 teaspoons no salt or low sodium seasoning
2 tablespoons minced garlic
¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into long strips.
3. In a large bowl soak the potatoes for 20 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse potatoes the pat them dry.
5. Pour olive oil over the potatoes and stir to evenly coat all pieces.
6. Sprinkle seasoning, chipotle powder and garlic and stir until all pieces are well coated. Place coated potatoes on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
7. Bake in oven for 35 minutes turning potatoes halfway through.
8. Serve immediately.