Disclosure: I was given a spice kit from RawSpiceBar to create this recipe.
The Fall season will be here before you know it and it will be time to pull out the sweaters, coats and those soup and stew recipes that keep us warm during the colder months. This chickpea stew will not only keep you warm but the flavor the Jamaican Jerk seasoning from RawSpiceBar gives it will make you want seconds and maybe even thirds.
RawSpiceBar offers a variety of spices that are high quality and fresh. You can purchase individual spices for a variety of cuisines or you can sign up for their spice of the month club where you receive new spices every month.
Get more information on RawSpiceBar and their spice kits here.
Jamaican Jerk Chickpea Stew
Get the printable recipe here.
2 ½ cups low sodium vegetable broth or water plus 2 tablespoons
½ large onion diced
1 large carrot diced
1 large russet potato peeled and cubed
4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon ginger minced
½ cup peas
1 teaspoon Raw Spice Bar Jamaican Jerk seasoning or a blend of ground thyme, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, black peppercorn, onion, garlic, cayenne chiles and Habanero chiles
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cans chickpeas drained
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth or water and let heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onions and cook them for 5 minutes
4. Add the carrots, potatoes, garlic and ginger and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the peas, spices, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chickpeas, vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
6. Once it starts to boil reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
7. Serve over your favorite grain and enjoy.