I am participating in the Steviva Holiday Keto Blogger Recipe challenge and created this vegan brownie and vanilla pudding parfait using Stevivia's KetoseSweet+ powder. It is a clean natural sweetener that is a blend of allulose, monk fruit and stevia. It is just as sweet as sugar and comes in both a powder and liquid form. It doesn't have an aftertaste and is safe for those who are diabetic.
You can learn more about Steviva's KetoseSweet+ here.
Vegan Brownie and Vanilla Pudding Parfait
Get the printable recipe here.
Yield: 4 parfaits
2 cups coconut milk (refrigerated)
4 tablespoons arrowroot starch
6 tablespoons organic cane sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 flax eggs
1/3 cup applesauce plus ¼ cup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1. In a medium bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix until combined.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lightly grease an 8x8 square pan.
3. In a large bowl, add the flax eggs, applesauce and vanilla extract and mix.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt and continue to mix until well combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips to the batter until evenly distributed.
6. Pour the batter into the square pan.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
1. Cut the brownie into smaller bite size pieces.
2. To assemble the parfait, add some of the brownie pieces to the bottom of a medium sized jar or tall cup.
3. Scoop some of the pudding on top of the brownie layer and repeat by adding one more layer of brownie and pudding.
4. Top with some chocolate chips.